French Toast Cupcakes
3/4 c unsalted butter, room temperature
1 c sugar
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
3 egg yolks
1 3/4 c flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 Tbs maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c milk
2 Tbs milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Combine the butter and sugar on low speed until light and fluffy, scraping the sides as needed.
2. Add the applesauce and the egg yolks and continue to mix.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
4. In another bowl, whisk the maple syrup, vanilla and milk.
5. Add the flour and milk mixtures alternatively to the butter mixture, starting and ending with the flour. Increase the speed and continue to mix until fully combined.
6. Put cupcake papers in a pan and fill 3/4 with batter.
7. Cook at 375 for 10-12 minutes(mini cupcakes) or 15-17 minutes(regular cupcakes) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. While they are cooking, whisk the extra egg, 2 Tbs of milk, and 1 tsp cinnamon for the egg wash. Once the cupcakes are done, quickly pull out of the oven, and brush with the egg mixture. Place back in the oven on broil for 1-2 minutes, or until the mixture is fully cooked.
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 3/4 c confectioners’ sugar
2 tsp milk
3/4 tsp maple extract
1. Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, scraping the sides as needed.
2. Reduce speed on mixer, and add the milk and maple extract. Raise the speed to high and mix until fluffy.
3. Coat cupcakes with frosting, then sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!!